Kamal is a Partner in the Regulatory team.
He specialises in health, safety and environmental matters.
In addition, Kamal also has a wealth of experience supporting clients with regulatory matters in sectors as wide-ranging as energy, education, health and social care, tax, white-collar crime, and many more.
Having worked on many high-profile investigations in recent years – defending prosecutions and advising on investigations – Kamal has a deep understanding of the law and regulations in an often complex field.
More recently, Kamal has developed a growing international presence, working with clients across Europe, the United States and Australia.
Kamal has three distinct areas of practice:
- Advising clients on the latest commercial and corporate regulatory law
- Helping clients to navigate regulatory risks arising from corporate and real estate transactional due diligence, and
- Defending companies and directors on contentious regulatory matters.
Kamal is used to working with senior executives in large corporations and SMEs in the UK and overseas. He actively writes for industry publications and provides legal training to many organisations.
Recent examples of how Kamal has supported clients include:
- Issuing judicial review proceedings in relation to the licensing of the supply of retail gas and electricity
- Attending to Covid-19 related healthcare inquests and appealing CQC decisions to cancel registrations
- Advising on health and safety and environmental investigations and the submission of statements made under caution and criminal prosecutions
- Assisting EU-based organisations on their regulatory trade obligations following burdens imposed by Brexit-related regulatory reforms
- Advising US based online retail organisations with regards product liability matters Advising on and advocating at regulatory disciplinary hearings including healthcare, architectural and financial/legal professions.