Rosie is an Associate in the Private Client team.
With a broad experience in all aspects of private client, Rosie’s empathic approach supports clients in identifying their wishes and ensuring that preparation is made for the management and distribution of assets in later life or death.
Specialising in estate planning, succession planning and estate administration, she provides guidance on wealth protection, powers of attorney and navigating the challenging area of inheritance tax.
When supporting clients with their estate planning, she often deals with complex wills including asset protection against re-marriage, later-life planning and lasting powers of attorney.
She also guides clients through probate, working with executors to ensure that the wishes and instructions of the deceased are honoured. These can include complex estates which involve trusts, international assets, individuals domiciled overseas and the need to mitigate unintended tax liabilities.
Regardless of the client or the type of work, she is flexible and empathetic to the individuals that she is working with ensuring that the process is simplified and clients understand fully the implications of action being undertaken. This is particularly important when she acts on behalf of those with mental health problems or a recognised disability, who require enhanced guidance in protecting their assets and income.
Rosie’s clients including private individuals (including those classified as elderly and vulnerable), directors of businesses and agriculture clients.
Recent examples of how Rosie has supported clients include:
- administering the complex estate of a lady domiciled in South Africa but with significant assets in overseas territories. With multiple wills to cover assets located in different countries, the focus was on navigating double taxation treaties;
- advising on inheritance tax exemptions to include charity exemption and drafting a deed of variation to take advantage of the 36% reduction in IHT when gifting 10% of an estate to charity;
- dealing with an intestacy that had over 30 different beneficiaries in different countries and instructing genealogists to assist with distribution;
- advising a single professional business owner on how best to deal with their estate as well as being appointed as a professional attorney to deal with their affairs in lifetime; and
- advising clients with children with disabilities on how to best to set up their wills to include disabled persons trusts.